NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE A NOMINEE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
Overview: Brogan Gives Thanks to Teachers (the “Sweepstakes”) is an opportunity to nominate school-teachers to receive a $500 prize for the incredibly important work they do. The person posting the nomination will be deemed the nominator (the “Nominator”). The school-teacher named in the nomination will be deemed the nominee (the “Nominee”). Nomination(s) may be referenced as “Entry(ies),” and Nominators and Nominees may be referred to collectively as “Entrant(s)” in these Official Rules.
- Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the State of Michigan who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of Entry. Nominees must be teachers at a school located within the State of Michigan at the time of their nomination in order to be eligible. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning and receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Brogan & Partners Advertising Consultancy, Inc., 535 Woodward Heights, Ferndale, MI 48220.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes consists of eleven (11) monthly entry periods, the first beginning on February 1, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and each subsequent monthly entry period will begin on the first day of each remaining calendar month during the year 2022, and each monthly entry period will end on the fifteenth (15th) day of the same month at 11:59 p.m. ET (the monthly entry periods are collectively referred to as the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- Enter by Nominating a Teacher: At the beginning of each monthly entry period, Sponsor will publish a post on its Facebook page featuring a characteristic or trait that exemplifies a good teacher. Nominate a school-teacher who meets the eligibility requirements above and who exhibits that month’s featured characteristic/trait by adding a public comment to the Facebook post, which includes the teacher’s first initial, last name, and the name of the school where they teach in order to submit an Entry in that month’s drawing. Nominations that do not include all of the information in the preceding sentence will not be valid.
For purposes of clarification, a Nominator may also be a Nominee. If you are nominating someone else, please make the Nominee aware that you are nominating them for this Sweepstakes and make sure that they agree to be nominated. If your Nominee has a Facebook account, please tag them in your nomination. There is no limit to the number of school-teachers you may nominate, but each Each Entry must include only one (1) Nominee; multiple Nominees in a single comment post will not constitute a valid Entry.
Any attempt by a Nominator to submit more than one Entry per Nominee in any monthly entry period will void that Nominator’s Entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any Nominee, Sponsor shall resolve such dispute in its sole discretion.
- Drawings: Sponsor is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. On or around the sixteenth (16th) calendar day of each month during the Promotion Period, Sponsor will randomly select that month’s potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible Entries received during that month’s entry period. Non-winning Entries will not carry over into subsequent drawings.
- ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WIN HAVE BEEN VERIFIED, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
- Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winners will be notified by email, Facebook message, or other method determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The potential winners will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver, and Publicity Release (“Declaration”) which must be received by Sponsor, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim their prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted or fails to provide any requested information within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential Sweepstakes prize winner forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded.
- Prizes: ELEVEN (11) MONTHLY PRIZES: $500.00 in the form of a check, gift card, electronic money transfer, or other monetary instrument that Sponsor determines in its sole discretion.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the applicable monthly entry period.
All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately thirty (30) days after winner verification is complete. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, school, opinions and/or hometown for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the prizes offered herein and to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ITS RULES ARE GOVERNED BY US LAW AND ARE SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THE PROMOTION RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS AND SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITHTHE PROMOTION ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, YOU AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARD SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://brogan.com/teachers. Monthly winners will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.